Another report of infection. Time to integrate antivirus support?

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Mon Jul 23 14:34:15 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 07:00:11AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Stories like this
> http://blahblahblahblag.blogspot.com/2007/07/good-reason-to-have-antivirus-on-your.html
> make me think we really need to get that integrated.

It might also be useful to have a guide on how to use SELinux to
confine a wine instance to it's WINEPREFIX (write access,
sometimes it might be desirable to still have read access to the
outside). So that an infection can not be spread further than
that. Such a confinement might make on access scanning obsolete.
One could just manually scan when executing foreign files.

Jan