Bug introduced in ws2_32.dll.so in version 0.9.39

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Jul 23 16:21:21 CDT 2007

Am Montag, 23. Juli 2007 18:09 schrieb Christian Pradelli:
> > Should we maybe provide updates for previous wine versions in the case
> > of serious regressions like this one?
>
> I think that yes. This kind of bugs are very difficult to detect, so may be
> some people upgrade to a newer version because some graphical fix and they
> don't know that they are using a version with a dangerous bug that can
> corrupt data.
> Doing this it will be easy to test and find the optimal version to run a
> software.
No, it will not really help. Those updates for previous wine versions can
contain regressions too.

Remember, Wine is still beta software. Releases are snapshots. Unless we have
a declared stable release there is no point in providing unstable updates for
old unstable releases.

Of course anyone is free to maintain a few older wine versions, for the
reasons stating above, and he is welcome to do so. However, I don't think we
should spoil any existing resources on that.