Direct3D Game test framework

martin pilka mpilka at codeweavers.com
Tue Jul 24 11:46:24 CDT 2007

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> The roadmap looks good to me. I am missing some clarification how to deal with
> different hardware configurations.

This is how CxTest supports it now:

* There is 1:1 association between submitter and his configuration, i.e.
  "Stefan - Desktop" --> "AMD 1.8 GHz 1 GB RAM NVidia 256 MB VRAM, Debian 4.0"
  "Stefan - Laptop"  --> "Intel 2 GHz 1 GB RAM ATI 128 MB VRAM, Ubuntu 7.04"

  See http://www.cxtest.org/raw-data?id_result=592220 (note we need to add
Video Chip and VRAM info)

* There are two different rows in evaluation table, one for Desktop, another
for Laptop. Each row has quite different values because of different HW
configuration. Significant decrease of FPS in particular row means something
is broken.

I think it could be enough for first few iterations.

Regarding table attached to my previous post, is that ok or do you want to
change rows with columns as H. suggested? Note that having product (Wine)
version in columns is consistent with rest of CxTest site and helps with
regression detection, see i.e.
http://www.cxtest.org/product-evaluation?id_product=3&id_failure=170&m_from=1&d_from=1&y_from=2007&m_to=1&d_to=15&y_to=2007&submit=Go

Martin