winex11.drv: WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CLOSE should be posted not sent

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Thu Jul 26 08:50:49 CDT 2007

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at> wrote:

>> this patch fixes crash on exit reported in the bug #2918.
>> In DefWindowProc we already use PostMessage for WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CLOSE
>> Changelog:
>>     winex11.drv: WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CLOSE should be posted not sent.
> This is what we used to do, but it was changed to a SendMessage in
> commit 43b5576998aea7accd9f4fb791043d89e9b83cad because some apps
> depend on that.

In the log message of that commit I don't see any app mentioned or bug number
referenced. Besides, not only DefWindowProc behaviour already contradicts the
above commit, but spy++ also clearly shows that WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CLOSE is
posted, not sent under Windows. What kind of other proof would you prefer to