Usual non microsoft dlls

"Luis C. Busquets Pérez" luis.busquets at ilidium.com
Sun Jul 29 04:10:16 CDT 2007

 Hello,

There are a number of dlls which are of common us, e.g. mss32.dll or
binkw32.dll in the gaming industry.

These are usually distributed with the game. Nevertheless, they relay in
other dlls of the system, e.g. zlib1.dll goes through msvcrt.dll to
perform its activities.

Nevertheless, zlib1.dll is part of an open source project and it would
not be difficult to adapt the code for fitting in wine as a library
asking directly for the operating own system libraries, thus increasing
performance.

Therefore, I propose to include in the source tree a directory for
"commonly used dlls not included in Windows"
It could include at least the open source usual dlls e.g.
python24.dll
hapdbg.dll
zlib1.dll
or even comon closed dlls (although this would be a harder work and we
can work without an implementation for the time being.) such as
mss32.dll
binkw32.dll

Which would boost games such as Civ4 and furthermore it would make it
more reliable as these open source libraries do not need to go through
the wine implementations of the windows dlls in which they relay.

What do you think?