#4 pdh: Implement and test PdhAddEnglishCounter{A, W} and PdhCollectQueryDataWithTime.

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:57:59 CDT 2007

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> And how would you do that?
>>
>> The first thing that winetest does is go through all the tests to
>> retrieve all the subtests. If it finds a missing dll (or depending
>> dll) we could/should catch that and not run the tests.
>>
>> Is it as simple as that?
>
> Well, since the tests are named from the dll they are testing, I'd
> suggest that before running the test app 'foo_test.exe' we try a
> LoadLibrary("foo.dll"), and if that fails we report the whole test as
> skipped.

I'll have a look.

How do yo want to report a missing test? In the normal report file? If that's
the case we should also change the dissect/gather scripts:

'dissect' should cope with the new lines in the report files.
'gather' should make up some useful info in the generated html file. We only
have information about subtests if one or more complete tests are run.

If this thing works out, should we change the old tests back or use this new
approach only for new (and currently failing) dll's?

Cheers,

Paul.