tests/msi.c fails when run twice on Wine?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:38:11 CDT 2007

James Hawkins wrote:
>>> It also succeeds when running twice here.  (make install.ok hangs here, though.)
>>> --Juan
>>>
>> After a 'rm ~/.wine' ?
>>
>> Could this be a compiler/platform issue (difference). If you run 'WINEDEBUG=+msi
>> make msi.ok' do you see garbage in the 'squished ...' output?
>>
>> Apart from the fact it only fails for me (for now), I guess the patch I've just
>> sent makes sense anyhow.
>>

> The garbage in the squished guid is not important...the regopen call
> will fail like it's supposed to because the squished guid doesn't
> match.

Yeah I guess so, but I didn't have garbage all the time (remember I wrote that
it succeeded when running with WINEDEBUG=+msi). So if it was just returned as an
empty string (or at least interpreted as such) a RegOpenKey would succeed on the
parent of the GUID (Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products) which is most of the
time there.

Cheers,

Paul.