dinput - Allow the use of the standard Joystick GUID when calling CreateDevice

Peter Dons Tychsen donpedro at tdcadsl.dk
Mon Jul 30 14:20:29 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 17:43 -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Peter Dons Tychsen wrote:
> > OK. Please review this diff:
> >
> > I will re-submit it if you like it.
> >
> > /Pedro
>
> Alright looks good now (you might want to remove the extra white space your
> patch adds - git complains about those). Just left to make the same change
> to the other joystick interface :)
>
> BTW don't forget to cc: the wine-devel list when you replying.
>
> Vitaliy.

OK. I still feel that trying to sync joystick_linuxinput.c and
joystick_linux.c is out of scope for this patch. But as my steadiness
has limits i have done some of it anyway... :). I have kept the changes
modest.

Please take a look at the new patch.

On another note i will agree with you that it would be practical if the
two files had similar (or maybe even shared) code. Redundant code is
never very practical as it always ends up as this very example. The two
implementations which were supposed to identical always drift apart. If
things are supposed to do the same, keep them together to begin with.

Thanks,

/pedro