msvcr80 support!

Luke Bratch l_bratch at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 09:47:16 CDT 2007

--- Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Windows Live messenger still refuses to start. Do I
have to do anything
> special(other than updating wine), or should I
report a bug for this:

> /usr/src/wine/linux/wine msnmsgr.exe
> fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find
dependent assembly
> L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe") not found
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\MSNCore.dll") not found
> err:module:import_dll Library MSNCore.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe") not found
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\ContactsUX.dll") not
found
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\MSNCore.dll") not found
> err:module:import_dll Library MSNCore.dll (which is
needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\ContactsUX.dll") not
found
> err:module:import_dll Library ContactsUX.dll (which
is needed by L"C:
> \\Programme\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe
initialization for L"C:\\Programme\\MSN
> Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe" failed, status c0000135
>
> I ran it from its installation directory, not from
C:\windows\winsxs\...\.
> When running it from msvcr80's directory it pops up
a message box saying that
> the app tried to load the C runtime incorrectly.
This used to work before.
> (Live messenger failed to connect later, for some
other reasons)

Did you find a fix for this?  As per Alexandre's
suggestion I tried installing native common controls,
and also copying all the manifest files from a Windows
machine (even the whole winsxs directory), but I still
get the same error as you when I try to run my application.