[1/2] uninstaller: add ability to scan HKCU for uninstall entries (Try 2)

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Fri Jun 1 13:56:18 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:28:36PM -0500, Tom Spear wrote:

> root is used in more than just FetchUninstallInformation....  It is
> used in UninstallProgram.  So unless I declare root as a global
> variable, it would not be accessible by UninstallProgram, and would
> therefore fail to compile.  Also, what if a new root key is added in
> later on by MS, that allows Uninstall stuff to be placed in it?  This
> way, we just add the name of that new root key to the array.
> Otherwise, someone has to add another
>
> else if (RegOpenKeyExW(.....) == ERROR_SUCCESS) root = .....;

please excuse my bold mail on top of plain ignorance of the windows api
- but i would consider finding a key in either the user or the global
branch of the registry a task that many developers had to face (even in
wine) and i bet there is an API function for that? would it be a Good
Thing to add such a thing if not?

--
cu