How to determine if something is "debuggable" ... ?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Jun 2 00:28:31 CDT 2007

On Saturday June 2 2007 04:48, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Sweet, that is definitely encouraging to find out ... what version of Wine
> are you running?  I notice that FreeBSD ports only has 0.9.36, but the web
> site shows 0.9.38 as being hte latest release ... could it be a difference
> between those two versions?

	I think that it should work great under 0.9.36 too. But I always use latest
Wine git tree - that is, latest version of Wine compiled from source. And
yes, 0.9.38 is the latest release.

> I've CC'd in the FreeBSD ports maintainer ... last update to ports was a
> week or so ago, not sure if he's aware of it "working very bad" ... :(

	I'm pretty sure he is. There is problems with FreeBSD that needs to be
resolved by FreeBSD community - i.e. by people who knows FreeBSD and have
time, will and neccessary skills to help. Problems will never resolve
magically themself. Unfortunatelly most (all?) Wine developers know little or
nothing about FreeBSD and cannot solve these problems. And I know nothing
about FreeBSD too - I even never used it... You may want to search for
FreeBSD related bugs in bugzilla to understand current problems with Wine and
FreeBSD better.