Wine fails to start browser

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.edu
Sun Jun 3 12:55:41 CDT 2007

> Hi, i noticed some kind of regression in current git, for example when i try to start
> http://fe.trymedia.com/dm/infogrames/30m_default/t_20em/FreddiKelp.exe , a download manager for the game. With current git i get this:
>
> Usage: winebrowser URL
>

> That's it, whereas in wine-0.9.34, it opens my firefox fine, at the correct page , and starts to download the game.
>
> The only solution i found now is again add "%1" to the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command\winebrowser, but that "fix' was not acceptable in wine, me was told a few  weeks ago. I saw some patches from Misha Koshelev that might be related to this, maybe changing the key is acceptable now, or anyone know another fix? Thx

Well, according to my conformance tests, Windows does not add "%1" by default (see
dlls/shell32/tests/shlexec.c, line 1057), so I think this would need to be there in the registry if you want it
to start the command line key. Do you remember exactly why people were saying this is bad? Perhaps this had to
do with the specific way you were proposing to add this?

Thanks
Misha