winebrowser: Add DDE support and use DDE by default forshell/open.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 4 01:02:49 CDT 2007

"Misha Koshelev" <mk144210 at bcm.edu> wrote:

> Btw the reason for the /dde parameter is simply so that if the user runs
> winebrowser from the command line he/she does not have to wait for the 5
> second timeout before they get a usage message.
>
> On windows there is no such parameter passed to iexplore (although
> -nohome is passed so it doesn't open a homepage) as iexplore will
> actually open a window that will then sit and wait for the DDE server
> request. Since winebrowser does no such thing, and will exit once it
> starts the appropriate unix browser, we have to have a timeout, but if
> we pass a special command line parameter we will know only to wait for a
> dde request if it is passed, so a commandline user can see his usage
> message right away.

If you need a special command line parameter it should be named differently
then. The behaviour should conform to what Windows does in that case. Just
think of it as the winebrowser has been executed under Windows with its
default registry setup, but winebrowser being a replacement for iexplore.

--
Dmitry.