Support for iFilter API

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 13:09:07 CDT 2007

Hi Stefan, I finally had a look at this.

It looks like filter.h (where the iFilter API is defined) is generated
from some IDL source.  So you'd want to create your own definition of the
.idl file, and generate filter.h using widl.

That said, the iFilter interface is only used (in Windows) by the indexing
service, which wine currently doesn't implement.  So I'm not sure* it
really belongs in the wine source.

*Caveat:  this assumes that wine is mostly about running Windows programs
these days, and less about building Windows programs.

--Juan