OpenGL 2.3 to 3.0

Matthew Clark mclark4386 at charter.net
Tue Jun 5 15:26:37 CDT 2007

 Ah this makes perfect sense and is exactly what I was looking for, thank
 you for your response! My limited understanding from the article was
 that 2.3 was simply cleanup and putting some extensions in the official
 API that have been in drivers for a while just not in the official API
 and then 3.0 is where the real change will be, BUT that it will only
 activate the 3.0 functionality if it's on supporting hardware(i.e. DX10
 cards). Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect and again I
 think we all realize this is all in the future and is just fun to talk
 about^_^

 Thanks for all THE fish,
 -Matt

PS Yes I am an idiot some times =P