zip folders support

Alexander Shabanov avshabanov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 02:19:26 CDT 2007

Good day,

First of all: big thank you for your great wine!

Several days ago I made a post on the wine groups:

> Does anyone tried to use zip folders support on wine? Is is possible?
> I tried to copy zipfldr.dll and register it, but it does not work.
> Since I am a developer I would try to do it. Could you please suggest
> a point to start? As far as I know the interfaces of zipfldr.dll are
> not documented, so it will not be simple task.

I would like to ask you about an interfaces of zip folder dynamic
library - if they're known I would implement zip folders support.
It was suggested to ask someone from wine development team to get more
information about that.
Please, take a look to the discussion in the wine group about that:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine/browse_thread/thread/1b6f661308400d96/?hl=en#
If you have an information about zip folders please let me know.
btw: maybe an implementation of the such support is prohibited on
Linux due to some restrictions with LZW algorithm? Or maybe Microsoft
did not care about documenting this library? Unfortunately I am not
found any information about this library in MSDN in the topics for
developers.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
    Alexander Shabanov