zip folders support

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 13:31:47 CDT 2007

Hi Alexander, as you say in the quoted thread,

> zip filder support is encapsulated within zipfldr.dll which is
> standard COM-component (i.e. exposes DllRegisterServer/
> DllCanUnloadNow).
> For example in WinXP zip folders support may be switched off by
> unregistering zipfldr.dll via regsvr32.
> Therefore I may suspect that this support is given on the user (shell
> only) level, because CreateFile can't be applied to the files within
> zip folder

You're correct, zipfldr.dll only register shell extension.  As such, it's
probably of limited use in Wine, as we really only use the shell for file
dialogs - we don't implement an "explorer" that browses the shell
namespace.

So, may I ask:  what app requires such a thing?  And you say:

> I tried to copy zipfldr.dll and register it, but it does not work.

What exactly doesn't work?

This probably best captured as a bug, by the way.  Enter a bug describing
what you expect to happen, what doesn't happen, etc.
--Juan