Can we start/stop services in conformance tests?

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.edu
Tue Jun 12 07:56:27 CDT 2007

Just wondering. It seems like I can avoid message boxes easily by using
a CHT hook, but the Beep() that this particular message box uses can
only be disabled with the ControlService/StartService combo. Can I use
this in a non-service conformance test, or is it too much to assume that
the person running the tests has administrator access (or am I allowed
to check for this and simply skip the relevant tests if they don't)?

I would assume as long as I am turning the service (beep) back on
afterwards if it is on before and check for administrator rights this
would be okay?

Thanks
Misha