Allow GL_ONE on WINED3DRS_EDGEANTIALIAS dstBlend value

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:57:30 CDT 2007

On 12/06/07, Kovács András <andras at csevego.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Allow GL_ONE on WINED3DRS_EDGEANTIALIAS' dstBlend value. This fixes Pirates Of
> Caribbean At The Worlds End blending problem. ( black square behind linght
> sources)
> --
I'm not sure we should be changing srcBlend/dstBlend in the first
place over there. The comment at the top of the function claims the
red book says GL_LINE_SMOOTH need "special blending parameters", but
the copy I've got says no such thing. The closest I could find was
"The blending factors you most likely want to use are GL_SRC_ALPHA
(source) and GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA (destination)." It also explicitly
mentions GL_ONE as a possible alternative for the destination. MSDN
also doesn't specify a specific way of antialiasing.

Either way, I think we'd rather have correct blending parameters than
correctly aliased lines, if we'd have to make a choice between the
two.