Juan Lang : comdlg32: Initialize file dialog controls before creating dialog.

Lei Zhang thestig at google.com
Thu Jun 14 03:26:08 CDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > With this patch, the bottom of file dialogs are cut off such that the
> > file type dropdown and the cancel button can barely be seen.
>
> In which apps?  I just looked at notepad and it looks fine to me.
>
> Also, this does correct a crash, so I'm pretty sure it's (mostly) correct.
> --Juan

Password Safe, http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ is one such program.

It looks like a section of FILEDLG95_InitControls() checks
fodInfos->DlgInfos.hwndCustomDlg. When you switched the two
statements, fodInfos->DlgInfos.hwndCustomDlg always came up NULL in
FILEDLG95_InitControls().

I'll send in a patch.