Uninstaller

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:19:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 10:50 -0400, Chris Morgan wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.edu> wrote:
> > First of all, of course I am not Alexandre.
> >
> > But I have to say I think I agree with James on this, with regards to
> > submitting just one patch with the correct spacing. I can see how seeing
> > one patch without any spacing changes keeps the diff very simple (I am
> > assuming this is why you submitted your patches in this way), but at the
> > same time I would assume that if Alexandre really wants to see what
> > changed in this way after applying the one patch you will send with
> > correct spacing, he can just type:
> >
> > git-diff -b
> >
> > and see something very similar to your patch #1 (ignores whitespace,
> > same effect).
> >
> > Other than that, I did not see anything obviously wrong with the patch
> > upon a quick look. If you don't hear from anyone else on wine-devel, I
> > would suggest resubmitting as one patch with correct indentation as
> > James suggested. If you don't see it committed after a while (maybe a
> > week or so, maybe longer) I would either get in touch with the list
> > again or try to get in touch with Alexandre to see if he has any
> > specific comments.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Misha
> Also, there are no changes to tests that show that the uninstaller
> changes are adding/correcting behavior so it matches windows. Unit
> tests would make the change more compelling.
>
> Chris

Actually that brings up a good point, does anything ever get written to
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion in HKEY_CURRENT_USER in windows? I have no such
key on my (rather plain) XP install, and from what I can tell wine MSI never writes
to this key (see dlls/msi/registry.c, function MSIREG_OpenUninstallKey line 378) in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Is this done by some specific application, or if not what was the original motivation
for the patches? From what I can tell this was not in the emails you linked.
Btw, I think it would be a good idea to include this kind of info when you submit the patches.

Misha