Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Fri Jun 15 05:14:06 CDT 2007

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Thursday 14 June 2007 22:50:07 Louis. Lenders wrote:
>> Question is, are there any plans to include Liberation fonts in wine?
> You mean add them to the git repository? I don't think we want that
> because we don't maintain them. Wine distributors could perhaps create
> a wine-fonts package that installs the fonts in a common place and then
> patch wineprefixcreate to copy the fonts from there.
Why do you need to copy the fonts? Wine can use the system fonts. The
Wine package would need to have only a dependency on the liberation font
package. The liberation-fonts rpm is already in Fedora Extras for FC6
and in Fedora 7.

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart