Liberation

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Fri Jun 15 10:39:58 CDT 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007 15:30:27 Steve Brown wrote:

> Maybe Wine could check for the existence of the fonts and set up a symlink
> farm pointing to them from the Windows expected locations?

Yes, symlinks in c:\windows\fonts that point to modified, system-wide
Liberation fonts should work in most cases. Because the files are read-only
we'll have a problem when we find an app that wants to write to the files.

Since that is very unlikely I'd say we should go for symlinks to save space
and time. We can resort to full copies when we find an app that needs it.

 -Hans