QUARTZ: Patch 2 - Move blitting operation to message thread and handle WM_PAINT

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:11:04 CDT 2007

I have no direct comment on the patch (it's not really my area), but there's
something I'd like to bring up.

On Sunday 17 June 2007 01:51:56 pm a_villacis at palosanto.com wrote:
> This patch moves the blitting code into the message thread. This is a setup
> patch for the DirectDraw rewrite, but can be applied on its own after the
> first patch.

I'm all for changing the video renderer away from GDI, however I think it'd be
better to move it to Direct3D or WGL instead of DDraw. I'm quite sure native
quartz uses Direct3D when available, given that DDraw has been deprecated
ever since DX7. Also, using native quartz's video renderer causes wined3d
debug output for me, and as Stefan says, DDraw currently defaults to GDI so
it wouldn't have come from that.