winex11.drv: send WM_MOUSEACTIVATE before closing a window (try 3)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 18 21:06:11 CDT 2007

"Lei Zhang" <thestig at google.com> wrote:

> On Windows, clicking the close button of a nonactive window generates
> a WM_MOUSEACTIVATE notification. Applications with custom window
> procedures can then choose to ignore the close button if they wished
> to by returning MA_ACTIVATEANDEAT / MA_NOACTIVATEANDEAT.

I'm not sure what you mean by "applications with custom window procedures"
because all (even simple ones) window procs in applications are custom, and
they are free to handle/ignore any message they like, for instance WM_CLOSE
or WM_SYSCOMMAND/SC_CLOSE.

We already send WM_MOUSEACTIVATE message on a take focus X11 event, so
I don't see a point in duplicating it. On the other hand if a WM doesn't
activate a window when a user clicks on window's caption (where the close
button usually placed) then it's a WM bug and we can do nothing to fix it.

--
Dmitry.