OpenFile16 and similar functions

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Wed Jun 20 11:52:12 CDT 2007

On Mi, 2007-06-20 at 06:36 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Jakob Eriksson <jakob at vmlinux.org> wrote:
> > Are not the tests still EXE-s called by winetest? Then the current
> > winetest will work OK.
>
> Except that winetest.h might not compile in 16 bit mode,
> and our build system doesn't handle 16 bit binaries,
> and gcc/ld can't build 16 bit NE executables,
> and you can't mix 16 and 32 bit easily so we'd need a
> winetest16, yes. :-)

You hit the old 8.3 - Limit with "winetest16" :-)

I did some research on win16 a while ago and cross-compiled
on linux with wcl (ow1.6) and a patched "wine/tests.h"
a 16-Bit Test for GetWindowsDirectory/GetSystemDirectory.

Remaining Problem is stdio for Win16-Apps for the results.

> Yeah, I haven't checked yet whether openwatcom's
> linux version can build 16 bit NE executables.
> Sure would be cool!

Works! (I used wcl)

--

By by ... Detlef