NULL ptr dereferences found with Calysto static checker

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Wed Jun 20 20:13:06 CDT 2007

The web page is a bit sparse, so does calysto offer anything
special e.g. anything that distinguishes it from coverity? Is it
free software?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 03:05:33PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Domagoj wrote:
> >http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~babic/index_calysto_community.htm
> >2) if the conditions are acceptable, let me know where to
> >send the reports.
> The conditions look very minimal, we should be fine
> with them.

That page says "to provide me with prompt and precise feedback on
the bug reports". We still have 284 errors with status
uninspected on coverity and there are also more from smatch. I
don't think we can guarantee "prompt" and I'm not sure if Dan
Kegel wanted to imply that he would inspect each of your bug
reports himself.

> Say, whatever happened to Coverity's scans of Wine?  I just logged
> in to the Wine results at http://scan.coverity.com, and the last
> scan seems to have been last July.  Did they set up a new, private
> site for us?  Paul V., do you know?

Use http://scan2.coverity.com:7479/ to login, there the last scan is from
2007-May-25 09:03:30.

Jan