[1/2] oleaut32: add PNG loading [try2]

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jun 21 19:29:28 CDT 2007

Alexandre wrote:
>> How can I improve this patch such that it will be accepted?
>
>The biggest problem is that the libpng versioning scheme is broken, so
>we can't find the proper soname. This will need some more configure
>magic.

Looking at
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html  and
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LibPng
and /usr/include/png.h
I get the impression that the libpng versioning scheme
was cleaned up for the 1.2 series over four years ago.

So perhaps we could just change configure.ac to check
PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MAJOR   and make sure it's exactly 1,
and check PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MINOR   and make sure it's 2 or greater.
That would let us avoid the old broken libpng's, wouldn't it?
- Dan