How to make your machine crash when running Wine

Ben Hodgetts (Enverex) ben at atomnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 05:16:13 CDT 2007

That's nothing to do with Wine nor does it make the "machine" crash. The
nVidia driver works enough to run X and 2D but X closes itself if you do
anything related to OpenGL (i.e. it'll happen even if you try and run
glxinfo). I've never had it happen from an X update though, just minor
kernel updates without recompiling the driver (i.e. 2.6.22-1 to 2.6.22-2).

Ben H.