Bugzilla mails and people replying to [email protected]

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:18:59 CDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes <alex at thehandofagony.com> wrote:
> Lørdag 23 juni 2007 01:13, skrev Tom Spear:
> > Just curious how trivial it would be to add a note to the bugzilla
> > mail template saying to post replies to comments in the bug?
> >
> > Something like the following:
> >

> > A bug you are watching, Bug #(bug number), has a new comment.  To
> >
> > Then the rest of the email as it currently appears.
> >

> > I'm asking because I have received several replies to the list
> > recently, and once wine reaches 1.0, I'm sure many more people will
> > join the list and do the same.  I don't want comments to be lost due
> > to them not being posted in the proper place, as everyone's input on a
> > bug is important.
>
> That seems like a very good idea.  For the AppDB we also use a reply bot since
> a lot of poeple don't seem to notice such information.

Or how about adding some magic to the ML where any reply to wine-bugs
gets added as a comment to the bug report?  Web programming isn't my
specialty, so I don't know if this if feasible or possible, but it
seems like the best solution to the problem (we also have a message to
attach logs and not paste, but most people don't read or follow that
advice).

--
James Hawkins