msi [1/6]: Add support for remote handles

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 26 04:13:45 CDT 2007

"James Hawkins" <truiken at gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/21/07, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
>> It seems to me you are leaking the object here, the handle entry holds
>> a ref to it too.
>
> The handle entry only holds a ref to the object if it's a regular
> handle, and not remote.  I'm resending tomorrow, because there was a
> missing check in alloc_handle_table_entry.

I don't mean an MSI ref, but since you hold a pointer to the IUnknown
you have to hold a ref to it, and that's the one you are not
releasing. You'd need two IUnknown_Release calls in there (and it
would probably be nicer to make MsiCloseHandle lookup objects directly
instead of calling helpers that will validate the handle multiple
times).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org