Direct3D Game test framework

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 26 06:06:02 CDT 2007

> I second Vit's recommendation.  We're using Autohotkey
> scripts in our test framework
>   http://code.google.com/p/yawt/
> and I've been meaning to work with Vit to get his scripts
> incorporated into our framework.  (We've been distracted
> getting the next release of Picasa out, sorry.)
I had a look at autohotkey, and after some fiddling I managed to automatically
load a predefined 3DMark2000 test, run it and write the results to the disk.

The whole thing has some rough edges, like hotkeys not working sometimes from
autohotkey(but they do if entered manually) which I have to overcome by
hardcoding button click coordinates. Also I found myself unable to send a
backslash(for a path), but overall I think its a useable solution.

Appart of controlling the apps we'll need some programs to start the
application scripts, extract the results and do something with them. That
could be some bash or perl scripts.

We also need some database to collect the results. This could be something
webserver based with some simple SQL database, or just another set of perl
scripts on a server. Here I'd like to look how much cxtest infrastructure we
can reuse. Any volunteers for writing such a thing?