user32,wined3d: move refresh rate fallback to catch all cases

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at anduin.net
Wed Jun 27 11:55:38 CDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 27/06/07, Erik Inge Bolsø <knan-wine at anduin.net> wrote:
> > >>
> > >What was the reason for writing this?
> >
> > See the comments on
> > http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5618
> >
> > ... essentially, I have a game that's hardcoded to request 1024x768x50hz,
> > which is not available on my monitor, and the existing fallback to
> > any available refresh rate in wined3d didn't catch it. Haven't traced the
> > exact sequence of calls - but figured that since there was an existing
> > refresh rate fallback coded, I'd move that a step instead of duplicating.
> >
> Makes sense, I guess, although I'm a bit worried if that fallback is a
> proper solution in the first place. I suspect the game would fail on
> Windows as well if the refresh rate isn't available. Also, the 54Hz

Tested on an equivalent machine with windows xp; same graphics
card/monitor combo ... it doesn't fail.

> that's mentioned in the appdb page typically means you're using nVidia
> drivers with DynamicTwinView turned on (the default), which reports
> fake refresh rates.

Good point, thanks for that hint. Now the list of refresh rates looks
much saner. Still no 50hz anywhere in sight, so I still need the patch.

--
Erik    perl: n. Programmeringsspråk best beskrevet som
		 en noe elastisk gaffateip med