Direct3D Game test framework

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 28 11:05:02 CDT 2007

Hi,
With Francois' help I could build a test package for 3DMark2000 now:

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0526822/3dmark2000.tar.bz2

It runs two tests, one at 640x480, another one at 1024x768, writes the results
to a file and reads the file back. No benchmark results are sent to the
server yet(just ok / fail).

Steps to run the test:
1) install cxtest from http://www.cxtest.org/download . I recommend installing
it with a seperate user account, since the tests scripts mess with files in
$HOME. cxtest will download the wine git tree and compile wine, so you need
some free space. cxtest installs some sample test packages too(picasa,
winzip, pptviewer).

It was a bit tricky for me to set cxtest up, since it needs Xvnc, has some
problems(non-fatal it seems) with git 1.5, and a problem with the nvidia
driver interfered(I couldn't run 2 Wine instances from different user
accounts, I got a crash in libglcore). When you try to *record*, not play
back a test, make sure to have $DISPLAY unset(vnc is used)

2) Download my test package and unpack it in ~/cxtest/

3) Run the test WITHOUT using vnc. Obviously you need $DISPLAY set, and 3D
acceleration available:

~/cxtest/cxtest_run/bin/run.sh --run
3dmark2000 --verbose --no-user --no-dependency  --wine
~/cxtest/wine/wine --no-vnc

So whats left?
*) Make the Email system send custom test return data, not just success /
failure
*) extend the server side infrastructure to handle that test data.
*) Write tests for more games