[1/2] gdi32: Added PolyDraw tests to tests/path.c [try2]

Evan Stade estade at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:49:41 CDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Koshelev, Misha Vladislavo <mk144210 at bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

> On 6/27/07, Evan Stade <estade at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > [try2] The patch I sent yesterday was not properly todo_wined.  Also,
>  > this test is a bit more extensive (about twice as many points drawn).
>  > It uses various point-type combination (even non-sensical ones such as
>  > PT_LINETO | PT_MOVETO) to test the exact logic of PolyDraw with an
>  > open path.
>  >
>  > changelog:
>  > * added polydraw test to path testing (5 more todo_wines)
>  >
>  >  dlls/gdi32/tests/path.c |   70
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  >  1 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>  >
>  > --
>  > Evan Stade
>  >
>  >

>  Also, I'd add a PT_MOVETO into your first PolyDraw call so you can tell
> whether
>  PT_CLOSEFIGURE adds a PT_MOVETO to orig_pos or lastmove, as the current
> version
>  does not differentiate this.
>
>  Misha

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your shorter diff may make the tests conform, but it incorrectly
assigns lastmove.x = dc->CursPosX.  This only makes it conform to the
tests because the tests happen to have a MoveToEx as the last path
point before the PolyDraw is called.  Also, your diff doesn't
correctly check the point types. The test if( lpbTypes[i] ==
PT_MOVETO) (which was there before your changes) is wrong because it
returns false for PT_MOVETO | PT_LINETO, when it should return true
(according to my testing which was not a part of the test I
submitted).  Also, your diff does not MoveToEx to orig_pos at the
second "return FALSE".  This is incorrect but again does not show up
in the tests.

So while a small and simple diff can make these specific tests
conform, it is not correct.  However I still don't understand how this
influences whether the test patch got accepted.  Your explanation of
why the fix patch didn't get accepted on the other hand does make
sense.

--
Evan Stade