Forum proposal

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 1 13:32:50 CST 2007

On 01.03.2007 20:09, Luis C. Busquets Pérez wrote:
> Why not having both? Running a forum does not exclude continuing with
> the mailing lists and could add users and developpers who find more easy
> coordinate through a forum.
>
> Configuring phpBB (www.phpbb.com) does not take more than 1 hour . I
> have made a try in 30 minutes starting from not knowing anything about
> this package:
>
> http://ns2.ilidium.com:8011/
>
> Why not trying both systems?

Simple. phpBB has had dozens of security holes in the past. Most other
forum solutions have had the same share of problems.

Now imagine a breakin on a site hosted on winehq. The consequences
would be far worse than for the average toy project. Wine depends on
people trusting us that the code is legally clean (especially due to
various FUD campaigns claiming otherwise). A breakin will always
result in claims that the codebase has been polluted with MS code.
Such a PR disaster is not something we need.

You're of course free to import all mails to this mailing list into
your own private forum and make that somehow accessible.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/