[try3, 4/4] msi: Add full JScript/VBScript support.

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:04:27 CST 2007

On 3/1/07, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
> No changes from previous version.
>
> Implements the IActiveScriptSite interface which links with the session
> object implemented in patch #3 and then adds a call to the script
> handler from the common script handling function implemented in patch
> #1. This fixes bug #7357 and possibly others.
>
> Changelog:
>
>         * msi: Add full JScript/VBScript support.

+static HRESULT ASS_create(IUnknown *pUnkOuter, LPVOID *ppObj)
+{

I'm not trying to be immature, but you should probably come up with a
better prefix.

+ * Call a script. This is our meat and potatoes.
+ *     - Currently, since the function is relatively new, it will
always end up returning S_OK.
+ *       Think of it like a bonus feature, we can run the script -
great. If we have a problem,
+ *       we are no worse off than if this function had not been called.
+ */
+DWORD call_script(MSIHANDLE hPackage, INT type, LPCWSTR script,
LPCWSTR function, LPCWSTR action)
+{
+/*    return ret;  */
+    return ERROR_SUCCESS;       /* FIXME: Until thoroughly tested,
always return success */

This is wrong...and a hack.  Don't be afraid of bugs.  By always
returning ERROR_SUCCESS, you're just hiding the bugs.  What testing
are you referring to?  If a user runs an installer and the script
fails, yet we return ERROR_SUCCESS, how are we going to know that the
script is the problem?

+static HRESULT WINAPI MsiActiveScriptSite_GetLCID(IActiveScriptSite*
iface, LCID* plcid)
+{
+    MsiActiveScriptSite *This = (MsiActiveScriptSite *)iface;
+    TRACE("(%p/%p)->(%p) stub!\n", This, iface, plcid);
+    return E_NOTIMPL;
+}

If it's a stub, it needs to be marked with a FIXME.

--
James Hawkins