Current wine and HL2 family - well done!

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Mar 4 08:38:19 CST 2007

Am Sonntag 04 März 2007 14:21 schrieb Pavel Troller:
> Hi!
>   Normally I'm writing complaints here, so for a bit of compensation, I
> would like to inform that yesterday's wine runs HL2 family of games for the
> first time without an annoying graphics glitch causing parts of skies to be
> replaced with some bogus contents like white, black, mirrors of a part of
> ground etc.
>   So, many thanks to all the DirectX developers especially from my sons,
> they are very pleased and wish you all the best, especially continuous
> progress in wine development (a bit egocentric from them, but nice :-)) ).
>                    With regards, Pavel Troller
Yeah, finally no new regressions :-)

The bug you describe used to happen because wine, by default, renders
offscreen textures on the back buffer and then reads them back. Those parts
of the back buffer touched by offscreen rendering that aren't redrawn will
show the contents of the texture. It was possible to fix that by switching to
pbuffer offscreen rendering before using a registry key. I modified the back
buffer offscreen rendering to use GL_AUX0 if it is available, mainly to get
better offscreen rendering on macos, which does not support glx pbuffers.

The end idea is to use frame buffer objects. Support for that is there
already, but it doesn't work with hl2 yet.