[msi, 1/5, try 5] msi: Add OLE automation conformance test.

Misha Koshelev mk144210 at bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Mar 4 16:09:50 CST 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 15:50 -0600, James Hawkins wrote:
> On 3/4/07, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
> > Changes: Ok, try 5. This time there are five patches, as this first
> > patch is a (moderately) comprehensive conformance test for MSI OLE
> > automation, which checks all the functions that will be implemented, and
> > does basic checks like set a property, then get it, is the property what
> > we set it to? I hope this helps get it into git.
> >
> > These patches add partial OLE automation support for MSI and then add
> > JScript/VBScript support for MSI (as the MSI specs specifically state
> > that applications that need this functionality must install Windows
> > Script themselves). As a proof of concept, sufficient automation support
> > is added to conform to the conformance test and to fix bug #7357.
> >

> Doesn't compile:
>
> ../../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../../tools/winebuild -mconsole
> automation.o db.o format.o iface.o install.o msi.o package.o record.o
> suminfo.o    testlist.o  -o msi_test.exe.so
> ../../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -lcabinet -lmsi -lshell32 -lole32
> -ladvapi32 -lkernel32 -luuid
> automation.o: In function `invoke':
> /home/truiken/wine/dlls/msi/tests/automation.c:389: undefined
> reference to `VariantInit'
> /home/truiken/wine/dlls/msi/tests/automation.c:404: undefined
> reference to `VariantClear'
> /home/truiken/wine/dlls/msi/tests/automation.c:398: undefined
> reference to `VariantChangeTypeEx'

That's really weird, because after a ./configure --prefix=/usr in the
main wine-git directory make automation.ok works just fine for me. I
will try doing a make clean; make; sudo make install for the whole wine
git tree (this will probably take at least 40 minutes or more on my
computer as it is pretty slow) and report back.

Misha