Current wine and HL2 family - well done!

Luke Bratch l_bratch at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 01:49:14 CST 2007

--- Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> parts of
> > >
> > > skies to be

> black,
> > >
> > > mirrors of a part of

> > > Are you finding no errors at all?  In
> Counter-Strike:
> > > Source, when running in anything above DX7 mode,
> on
> > > the map "de_aztec", the screen is often
> completely
> > > black - it appears to be when looking at water.
> >
> > Hi!
> >   We just tried it and we can't reproduce your
> problem. We were even going
> > in the water itself and the display was smooth and
> without any distortion.
> > We set the DX9 mode in the game command line
> (parameter -dxlevel 90).
> >      With regards, Pavel Troller
> Keep in mind that for dxlevel 90 you have to enable
> glsl. Otherwise it is
> still dxlevel 80

Could any of you test again with:
OffscreenRenderingMode=fbo
turned on?

I just turned that off (so it defaulted to
backbuffer), and the problem actually went away.  I
had this turned on because it seemed to with problems
with other games though.  Which offscreenrenderingmode
should be giving the best performance/compatibility?