mingw linking problem

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 5 15:16:36 CST 2007

Stefan Leichter wrote:
> Am Tuesday 27 February 2007 19:43 schrieb Paul Millar:
>
>> On Sunday 25 February 2007 18:13, Stefan Leichter wrote:
>>
>> The set of patches I have includes a definition for this GUID (as well as
>> many, many others).  The complete set of patches (against w32api v3.8) is
>> available from:
>> http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/Cross/mingw-w32api-patches-2007-02-2
>> 7.tar.gz
>>
>> Using a MinGW tool-chain (that has these patches) I was able to build
>> comdlg32.dll
>>

> can you build comdlg32.dll if you have shell32.dll? If i run make clean in
> shell32 directory comdlg32.dll builds fine for me. If shell32 is there from a
> previous build, comdlg32.dll fails for me with the problems described above.
>
> In short it can be said this way:
>
> comdlg32.dll needs to be build shell32.dll and libuuid.a from mingw or from
> wine, but the "two files" must be used from one source either wine or mingw.
> It is not possible to use one file from wine and one file from mingw.
>
> But this happend for me currently
>
> When i build wine with mingw the Makefile uses shell32.dll from wine and
> libuuid from mingw. This gives me the uinresolved symbols.

dumpbin shows that the shell32 import library in the PSDK includes a
number of GUID symbols, which we don't currently include in the one
generated by Wine. It would appear that at least some of these are also
included in the uuid library too, but I don't know why they would be
missing from MinGW.

--
Rob Shearman