wined3d: Implented signed texture formats via NV_TEXTURE_SHADER

Fabian Bieler DER.FABE at gmx.net
Sat Mar 10 17:29:25 CST 2007

> Am Samstag 10 März 2007 15:02 schrieb Fabian Bieler:
> > This patch implements D3DFMT_V8U8 and D3DFMT_Q8W8V8U8 via
> > NV_TEXTURE_SHADER. This fixes some renderissues in Half-Life 2 with the
> > DirectX9 path and the DirectX8 path via GLSL.
> What do those formats provide that other formats do not provide?
> Signedness,
> or something else I missed?
It' mostely signedness but also from the specification:
      OpenGL's pixel map, color table, convolution, color matrix,
      histogram, and min/max are NOT performed on the HILO components
      or texture offset group pixel groups.
(I'm not sure wether these operations are performed when shaders are enabled, though.) Also, even GL_HILO8_NV is internally represented by 16 bits per channel (at least according to the spec).

> Using GL_NV_texture shader and GL_ATI_envmap bumpmap is definitly the way
> go, but I am concerned about macos, where neither of those extensions
> exist.
Perhaps GL_NV_texture_expand_normal can help?

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out