DirectX 10 start as a SoC project?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Mar 11 07:53:29 CDT 2007

> Wasn't there mention of making a Windows XP version of wine's DirectX
> 10, so people can use XP for gaming instead of Vista?
>
> If so, it would be nice if your code compiles and works on Windows too.
Yes, that is the idea :-)

Just one note for clarity: I am a student, but I do not plan to work on D3D10
myself as a SoC project. I am rather suggesting it to other people
interested :-)

Oh, and just in case we run out of idea, there is still plenty work to do for
DirectX. Other Ideas are dplay.dll, d3dxof.dll, dmusic.dll, d3dx9_xy.dll,
dsound, ...