DirectX 10 start as a SoC project?

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:27:35 CDT 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 13:53, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Oh, and just in case we run out of idea, there is still plenty work to do
> for DirectX. Other Ideas are dplay.dll, d3dxof.dll, dmusic.dll,
> d3dx9_xy.dll, dsound, ...

After Stefan mentioned this a couple of times, I'd like to restate that I'd
stongly suggest anyone considering to tackle dplay or related things to shoot
me an email first. I'm not planning to do this myself for this year, but I'm
planning to participate in GSoC as a student, so I can't mentor anyone there.

Of course if anyone is really good at that sort of work, I'll be happy to
offer help on what I already have and all. I just think we still don't know
enough about the dplay protocol to make a SoC project out of this.

My EUR 0.02
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/