winedbg: Support longer thread names

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 13 08:40:57 CDT 2007

Erich Hoover a écrit :
> I am not very familiar with the winedbg code and do not see any easy
> (ie, non-hackish) way to get the length of the string in order to
> properly allocate the name size.  I could read back a "large buffer"
> and use the string resulting from that to determine how large of a
> name to allocate, but that seems slightly hackish.  If you have a
> suggestion then I'm all ears.
not really, my point was not to allocate a large buffer for every
thread... then reading the thread name requires either that you grow the
buffer while reading small chunks (that would be the less expensive
solution)
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)