Makefiles: Be less verbose when performing make rules by only printing the command being executed and the source and/or target file.

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 14 16:33:49 CDT 2007

Robert Shearman a écrit :

> The old behaviour can be turned back on by setting the V environment
> variable to "1" (e.g. make V=1).
a couple of more comments (mostly not yet converted rules):
- the MAKEDEP rule in Make.rules.in isn't handled yet (suggestion
[DEPEND] $SRC(DIR))
- most of exec rule in tools/*/Makefile.in miss the MAKERULE stuff
- ditto in loader (and the version-stamp could be handled too)
- in  dlls/Makedlls.rules.in, all lib/def/.a stuff isn't handled

is there any reason why the Linking... rule has a different format than
the others ?

now I wish we could also get rid of the message for recursive calls to make
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)