Question about adding a small change to bugzilla

James Hawkins truiken at
Fri Mar 16 16:10:11 CDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at> wrote:
> Just wondering if it would be trivial (not require a complete
> recompile) to add a link to the page that shows after you change
> anything on a bug to take you back to the bug list that you were last
> viewing..
> Example:  On the left there is a link to list just bugs with status:
> new, so I click that.  Then I see a bug I would like to check out so I
> click on that bug.  I add comments and hit submit.  The next page that
> comes up gives me the option to return to the bug, but I would rather
> times to get back to the list (unrefreshed mind you, which is how I
> want it as I dont want to have to re-download the entire list every
> time I view it).  At the bottom there are links for Query page and
> Enter a new bug.  To the right of that it would be nice to have a link
> that does the equivalent of javascript:back(); a couple of times to
> get me back to the bug list without re-downloading it..

The problem is that the list you are browsing is too long.  Bugzilla
gives the message, "This list is too long for Bugzilla's little mind;
the Next/Prev/First/Last buttons won't appear on individual bugs."  If
the list is not too long, you would just hit the "Show list" link to
get back to the list.

James Hawkins