IDirectInputAImpl_GetDeviceStatus

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:16:31 CDT 2007

Hi all, I was looking at bug 3747, about the game Motorhead.  This
game crashes because IDirectInputAImpl_GetDeviceStatus always returns
DI_OK due to being a stub..  The reporter came up with a <10 line hack
to fix it, but a proper implementation would be better.  There may be
other games that suffer problems due to this not being implemented..
Perhaps someone could look into the feasibility of this as a GSoC
project, or possibly could come up with a minimal non-stub
implementation to keep games like that from crashing just because of a
joystick?  I made a bug for the stub function.. Bug 7770..

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email