Test framework for authentication testing

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:23:27 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

while planning my work on Kerberos and Negotiate, I realized that we need a
better way to test things like network authentication, the way we're doing it
right now depends on the person running the tests to have a certain setup in
the test environment, and e.g. the NTLM SSP tests use an undocumented windows
feature to get some of the testing done.

Now, a better way to do this would be to actually get some stubbed out user
database set up, add a user for testing purposes, run the tests and then
delete the test user. Sort of what the Samba project is doing for their
smbtorture tests, if I understood those right.

Of course this has to be done in a way that will also work on windows, or the
tests will be useless. Now the question that's really bugging me is, is this
possible at all? Does it make sense?

What I'd want to do would be the following:
* add a user
* set the user password
[... run the tests...]
* delete the user

Cheers,
Kai
--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/