Failure of Wine to quit when a program ends.

gslink gslink at one.net
Sun Mar 18 11:23:01 CDT 2007

Recently my customer replaced her version of Wine with the current
version.  One of the programs running there, DeScribe, appears to quit
normally but doesn't terminate.  It continues to be in the background
using no cpu time.  To get rid of it requires killing the program with
System Monitor as there is no evidence on the screen that the program is
running.  This appears to be a regression in Wine which has happened in
the last nine months.  Has anyone else had this happen with any other
program?  I am trying to track the exact problem and knowing that other
programs behave this way would help.